I recently travelled the big wide web to get some facts for a paper I was writing and came across some amazing facts that I wanted to share! Technology facts, the weird, the strange and the wonderful, let us begin!
- The average computer user blinks 7 times a minute
- 1 in 6 people used the Internet in north America in 1999
- There are 260 million people using the Internet right now
- The very first ISP was Compuserve which is AOL and still exists today
- Telnet is one of the oldest communication forms on the Internet and today it is used to connect to MYSQL databases and more.
- The number of Internet users in the United Kingdom rise by 75% each and every year.
- An average person received 24 emails per day!
- The Butler from AskJeeves.com made his debut at a festival in the Macy’s thanks giving parade in 2000.
- The very first Internet worm was created by a Robert Morris and was released November 1st 1988 which infected 6000 hosts.
- When Internet explorer was released some Microsoft workers left a huge letter E along with a balloon and a message saying “We Love You” on Netscapes front lawn.
- Boeing was the first airline to discover the Y2K problem in 1993.
- The origional Yahoo URL was http://akebono.stanford.edu/
- The first computer mouse was invented in 1963.
- Apollo had less processing power than a modern cell phone.
Bio: Interesting facts huh? Here’s another quick one… The first hard drive was made by IBM 1956, it was the size of a cabinet and stored an impressive 5MB of data! Thank god we have people like sharefile these days, eh?