Whether you are renovating an existing home or just looking for something a little different, installing a fireplace can really add a touch of class and quite a bit of sales value to the home. The fireplace has a long history of use in this country and other nations with a cold climate, and being able to enjoy the warmth from one on a winter’s night can really set the mood for an evening. In fact, having a fireplace installed can add just the right touch to the surrounding décor!
The Modern Electric Fireplace
If you are looking to purchase and install a fireplace, there are now a wide range from which to choose, but they each offer certain benefits. If you are interested in a traditional look, then a conventional fireplace with a beautiful marble, granite, or iron surround might be to your taste. On the other hand, if you want something truly modern, why not opt for one of the newer electric fireplaces that have been developed?
Here are just a few benefits of installing an electric fireplace that you might not have thought of:
- Maintenance: As attractive as traditional fireplaces are, they take a fair bit of work to maintain. While it is true that many people don’t have a problem with this, some people with busy lives just want a fireplace they don’t have to stoke or buy firewood for. For this, a modern electric fireplace is ideal. No more clearing out the ash and the logs!
- Safe: If you are concerned about a stray ember flying out of your fireplace and burning the house down, maybe an electric fireplace is for you! If you have young children, an electric fireplace is probably the better choice. When you install an electric fireplace, you won’t need to worry about your kids putting their hands into a live flame.
- Flexible: An electric fireplace can be used at any time of the year. This means you don’t ever have to worry about fire bans or any sort of restriction on live fires.
- Cost effective: When you have a conventional fireplace, you have to budget for firewood and the costs of having the chimney cleaned. Of course, when you have an electric fireplace installed, you don’t have to worry about paying for either of these things! In the long run, they are simply more cost-effective and efficient.
- Efficient heating: Surprisingly, an electric heater is better at outputting heat directly into the room in which it is installed. A conventional fireplace often loses heat through the chimney.
- No fumes: By simply plugging an electric fireplace into a wall and switching it on, you have instant heat without all of the fumes. Fumes can be a particular worry for people with gas fireplaces, but even conventional fireplaces can become smoky and smelly.
Stay Warm This Winter!
Electric fireplaces in Lincolnshire can be purchased at affordable prices. Whether you are looking to update a home, add a touch of class to a newly decorated family room, or want something low maintenance and reliable because you lead a busy life, an electric heater provides many great benefits.
If you are interested in having an electric fireplace installed before the winter hits, look for a service that offers a wide variety of fireplaces, has plenty of installation experience, and can advise you on the best options for your needs and budget.