Although new composite materials in the furniture industry are becoming more, the leading position is still occupied by furniture made from natural wood. It has not lost its popularity for many centuries, and now the tree remains the best option for creating an expensive interior. Then it is so useful, and why wooden furniture is most valued above all. Wood is an excellent material for developing and creating exclusive furniture, lively and incredibly cosy, attractive and sound, ergonomic and practical. And even the rapid development of scientific and technological progress, as well as the appearance of new technologies and innovative materials on the market, have not made the natural tree of valuable species less popular and in demand among admirers of natural beauty and style.
- Ecological compatibility: Wood at the time of use does not emit harmful to health and air-poisoning substances. Rather, on the contrary: natural resins and essential oils that have a beneficial effect on the body and known for their bactericidal properties are phytoncides. It is the symbol of special energy of wildlife in your home.
- Capabilities: Exceptional strength, high resistance to mechanical damage and durability of use. Qualitatively executed wooden furniture is able to survive any person: its minimum service life is 50 years, and repair of interior items is easy and quick.
- Comfort: The interior items made of wood are ergonomic and take into account the features of build the variety of stylistic and design solutions, textural and all kinds of colour variations.
- Visual appeal and presentable: It is with her that the process of choosing wooden furniture begins. Exquisite and non-trivial decoration, original decorative accessories (inlays or carving of handwork) attract the attention of consumers, and the process of selecting items in this or that situation is always interesting and unique.
- Versatile quality: Furniture made of wood has always been valued, above all, because of its high aesthetic qualities. Such material is excellently amenable to processing, therefore there are real works of carpentry that can become an ornament of the most expensive living room. The armchair made of wood, decorated with carved back and original armrests, turns into a significant interior detail.
- Wooden furniture: always testifies to a high prosperity of owners, therefore, it can be carried to a number of status objects. However, such furniture also has additional advantages:
- Excellent environmental properties: Fibreboard, chipboard and other composite materials are produced from waste wood processing, so they are used in their composition, various synthetic impregnations. They can be dangerous to humans because over time they release harmful substances into the atmosphere of the house. Furniture made of wood, in contrast, has a pleasant aroma and is useful for health.
- High strength: Wood, in contrast to particle board, will not crumble, and if properly protected from rotting, it can serve for dozens of years. The tree is resistant to many harmful effects and does not darken with time.
- Useful energy for home: Natural materials have a beneficial effect on the overall condition of the interior, they help create a calm and comfortable environment that will lead to peace and prosperity in the family.
- Benefits of natural resources: furniture from a natural wood massif cannot be overestimated it’s not only the aesthetic component but also the high performance, thanks to which wood has long been used for construction purposes and for the manufacture of unique interior items.
Gloria Woods is an interior designer working in the hub decoration association in the central of the London. In this article, she illuminates the decoration trends for homes with the perception of wooden furniture. Moreover, she also provides consultancy at Essay Help Online for the students.