Maxi dresses have a universally appeal and suit women of any body type. Having graceful hemline, these dresses usually come in prints and are suitable for any occasion. Most popular as summer dresses, they also add to the chic style.
This is a safe choice when you do not want to make any mistake as fashion faux paus. They come in different patterns and cuts. When styling yourself in these dresses, it is important to keep a few tips in mind. The stature and skin tone must be considered before choosing a pattern of maxi dress. Made in cotton and other soft fabrics, they make a woman look willowy and slender.
Tips to make maxi style look chic on you
- Petite figures can choose maxi shirt dress or a fit that snuggles the body
- A regular fit is unsuitable for a petite figure or a woman of short stature
- To look taller, choose a maxi dress that has a v-neckline or is off-shoulder
- Always pair a maxi dress with heels or stilettos if you have a short stature
- Even pear shaped body types with a short stature can use this tip
- Choosing colors similar to your skin tone can make a petite body look taller
- Using darker shades and intricate prints can make a pear shape body look thinner
- The print size for pear shaped or plus size body shapes must not be large
- Petite figures can choose maxi dresses with large prints
- If you love accessories and have a medium body type, go for neutral and solid colors
- Crystal and bead accessories one up the best style quotient for maxi dresses
- Maxi dresses give a natural bohemian, free spirited vibe to the wearer
- For formal and informal events maxi dresses can be worn when accessorised well
- Avoid prints and get a no fuss look in maxi dresses as it adds to the class and sophistication
Accessories, jewellery, bags, and belts
You can belt a maxi dress, if you have a thin waste line. Avoid strappy sandals and wedges with a maxi dress. Flip-flops, ballerinas, espadrilles, and stilettos are just the right kind of footwear that go well with them. If you are wearing a solid color maxi dress, choose a metallic belt around the empire line.
Many clothing lines, such as, CP shades clothing have different styles of maxi dress patterns. Flats and gladiators are well suited for informal parties and occasions. Maxi dresses also available in fabrics, such as, chiffons, silk, and other sheer fabrics.
They also have detailing on necklines and hemlines. Detailing like pleats, ruffles, etc make it for a perfect ensemble. You can always glamorize this look with a clutch or a sparkling jewellery without over doing it.
You can easily snuggle into a maxi dress if you understand the colors, texture, and patterns that suit your body type. It is a great choice for women and girls of all age groups.