As any property owner would tell you, upkeep and maintenance play a critical part in managing a house, and with the complexity of modern architecture, there are many specialised services that you might need to call on. Utilities require attention sometimes, and with heating and ventilation systems, there is always a maintenance schedule to follow, not to mention the sophisticated wiring that powers the house, and all of this requires the help of third party services. Here are 5 invaluable services that a homeowner might call upon.
- A Roofing Contractor – Whatever the style or shape of your home, it will have a roof and that needs regular inspections, and eventually repairs. Affordable Perth roofing with experienced contractors who have a solid reputation for providing first class roofing.
- A Plumber – possibly the most important of services, a plumber can deal with a range of issues, including waste and water, and if the worst should happen and you suffer a burst water pipe in the middle of the night, you will want the plumber’s number to be handy. Ideally, you would ask him to pop round once a year and visually inspect pipes and hoses, then he can repair anything defective before it actually becomes a problem. Water can cause an awful lot of damage in a very short time, so keep the plumber’s number handy at all times.
- The Electrician – An essential person for obvious reasons, and aside from having extra power points fitted, or adding some lighting, you wouldn’t need to call out an electrician, unless you have a power issue, and more often than not, this happens outside office hours. Whenever you call him out, it would be an idea to ask him to check your wiring and connections, something he can do very easily, and the peace of mind it gives is worth the negligible cost.
- An Arborist – Trees need constant care, large ones especially, and in the Western Australian climate, trees can grow quite quickly and the branches might compromise power and telephone lines. Annual pruning will ensure healthy trees and in the event you wish to remove one, the tree surgeon would be able to safely carry out the task.
- The Locksmith – Aside from the obvious emergency lock outs, a locksmith can quickly ascertain whether your home security is adequate, and if not, he can suggest several systems to beef up your home security. If you move into a new house, it makes sense to have all the locks changed, as you really can’t be sure who has a set of keys, and with the emergency locksmith’s number firmly embedded in your smartphone memory, you can avert a disaster.
Managing a large family home is no easy task, but with the right services at your disposal and a planned maintenance program, the home should always remain in good condition.